How to measure your dog
- First, make sure you’re using a soft tape measure.
- Second, make sure your dog is standing on all four paws.
We use your dog’s actual measurements to construct a coat that is comfortable and fits. Each product is cut and sewn by hand.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! We are here to help if you have any questions.
1. NECK: measure the circumference around the base of the neck.
2. BACK LENGTH: measure from the base of the neck, where the collar rests, to the base of the tail.
3. GIRTH (CHEST): measure around the broadest part of the dog’s chest behind the forelegs.
4. MIDSECTION (WAIST): measure around the waist just past the ribs in front of the hind legs.
Coat Size Suggestions
|Back Length||Breed Examples|
|Small – Up to 18 inches (up to 45 cm)||Chihuahua, Bichon, Papillon, Shitzu, Toy Poodle|
|Medium – 19 inches to 25 inches (47cm-62cm)||Border Collie, Bassett, Beagle|
|Large – 26 inches to 32 inches (67cm-80cm)||Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, Vizsla|
|Extra Large – 33 inches to 42 inches (85cm-108cm)||Bullmastiff|
|Extra Extra Large – 43 inches + (109cm+)||Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound, Pyrenee|
NECK: measure the circumference around the base of the neck.
MID RIB: measure from the base of the neck, to just behind the dog’s forelegs.
GIRTH (CHEST): measure around the broadest part of the dog’s chest behind the forelegs.